Plenum-rated Power Cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdelacerda

We mfg electronic power distribution equipment for computer racks/servers. Generally we use SO, SOW, or SJT power cable for our equipment. Customer has requested power cable plenum rated to go under computer room. The power cable will be 10awg 3-conductor. Local wire & cable distributors are not very helpful. What type or jacket of power cable should we use?

dereckbc

Staff member
Re: Plenum-rated Power Cord

You might look into Teflon jacket. But how do you intend to have it listed? Pretty expensive for a custom job.

ron

dereckbc

Staff member
Re: Plenum-rated Power Cord

I under took this problem two years ago trying to have a cable manufacture make DP rated cable for branch circuits and DC power distribution. It was to be used on the PDU branch circuits, and DC breaker panels supplying equipment racks used in data centers. Since demand is so low for this product, the cost was prohibited. It was cheaper just to use 300.22 methods. Good luck, there may be something out there today, but I suspect you will pay $$$$$ for it. And please let me know if you find something, always looking for a better mouse trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.