phase converters 1 PH to 3PH

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceH

Re: phase converters 1 PH to 3PH

Yes I've installed them. There are static and rotary convertors. Just follow manufacturers instructions and remember that you will lose horse power. Most I've seen are simple to install.

coppertreeelectric

Bruce or anyone else, Can you recommend a manufacture of a 1p -> 3p converters that you have used in the past. I may have an operation soon for one. I prefer to use items that other ec's have worked with before.

Thanks, Steve

bradleyelectric

cedarburg industries inc. Minneapolis. Mn 55417
Just happen to have the 1 in my truck that we had hooked to a friends dads milling machine. It was in use with no problem for years. Dad past and we are putting it in my friends basement. 4 wires. white goes to soure and load phase, black goes to other source and load phase, red goes to center of 3rd load phase, there is also a ground wire. I hope my explanation doesn't make it sound strange. It I knew how to make a diagram appear like some here do I'd do that. its very easy. just 4 wire hook up. I don't remember the manufacture of the other 1 I did, but it was the same hook up and is on a 3 phase parts cleaner.

[ April 23, 2005, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: bradleyelectric ]

coppertreeelectric

So I take it that this would also work on a pizza mixer. I need one for a mixer with a 30amp 3ph twist lock, the only source available is 1ph 120/240.

Thats good to hear, any idea on a price range?
Can a unit like this be mounted above a drop ceiling using unistrut?

bradleyelectric

this unit is a sealed unit that has a single slot hole in the back of it as in the top slot hole of a panel board that you mount the top screw and set the unit on the screw. It is about 6"x4" and might weigh 3lbs. it has a 4 wire so tail out the top of it that you would put in a connector and into a 1900 box. You order it by the horse power rating of the equipment to be supplied. If memory serves figure $350 as a ballpark figure. Looks like you may need model #75 http://www.cedarberg.com/cedarberg.swf

Status
Not open for further replies.