passing %? masters license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramses

I'm not sure if this fits in here but I have a couple questions concerning the journeyman passing % and Masters license in Indiana. First off, Why is there a 70% pass rate and a 75% pass rate on the same test(experior)? If Indiana eventually goes to a statewide license will the 75% and up be grandfathered in and nothing below that? Will 75% be recognized by more of the state than say 70%? I'm just unsure why there are two different passing rates, and I have never been able to get a straight answer. I just recently received a 77% on my journeyman test and was just wondering what was going on.
My second question is a co-workers question. He has been in the field for 8 years and also recently took his journeyman test and passed it. His question is can he take the masters exam now since he has his time in, or does he have to wait an additional 4 years from the time he took and passed his journeyman test?
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have heard many different "opinions" on these questions, but would like some facts instead. Thanks.

[ May 24, 2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: ramses ]

charlie

Re: passing %? masters license?

Most posts fit wherever you think they fit. We will only move them if we feel like they will get more responses somewhere else.

The passing percentage is entirely up to the city that is requiring the test, that is another problem with not having state wide licensing.

Until a state wide licensing bill gets through, no one knows what the grandfathering requirements will be. There is really no sense speculating about it.

As far as taking the masters exam, it depends on the city again. That is why no one can answer your questions, the answers are not the same across the state. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.