Park Model/mobile home Intermittent voltage drop

Ken Walker

Occupation
retired Electrical Engineer, merchant marine
Hi, hoping someone can help with this as it has me stumped.
Occasionally there is a voltage drop from 240v to 120v at the service panel and will only return to normal after I turn off and on the outdoor feeder circuit breaker.
The total load is only 13A, no circuit breakers are tripping and there is no ground faults.
I have checked all outlets and circuit breakers, all connections are tight and I have isolated circuits one by one but the problem still persists.

Ken Walker

Occupation
retired Electrical Engineer, merchant marine
The voltage drop is on the line side. I have checked the voltage drop and did resistance check on the breaker which checked out OK. As readydave8 said it could be an intermittent fault on the breaker so I will change that out. Found that incoming wire was soaked due to a water leak so I have that drying out and up to now there has been no VD in the past 24 hours. I doubt if the water penetrated the insulation but I suspect the leak has been going on for at least a month

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Hi, hoping someone can help with this as it has me stumped.
Occasionally there is a voltage drop from 240v to 120v at the service panel and will only return to normal after I turn off and on the outdoor feeder circuit breaker.
The total load is only 13A, no circuit breakers are tripping and there is no ground faults.
I have checked all outlets and circuit breakers, all connections are tight and I have isolated circuits one by one but the problem still persists.
That is definitely a sign of a bad connection at the breaker or the buss it’s plugged into. When it is turned off, then back on, the connection is remade.

Another C10

Electrical Contractor 1987 - present
Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
The voltage drop is on the line side. I have checked the voltage drop
If by line you mean upstream of the main disconnect downstream the meter, I'd focus more on that section.

The utility transformer, the meter connections and the connections to the distribution bussing.

Another C10

Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
I found yesterday that there was a water leak under the trailer which soaked the connecting cable
If the connecting cable your referring to is the upside of the meter than that could very well be the culprit. all it takes is a pinhole opening on the insulation to bleed out.

Another C10

Occupation
Electrician NEC 2020
Moisture or water dripping on conductor insulation is not going to cause the grief described
True not likely from dripps, but soaked was the keyword, I figured maybe that line he referred to may of been buried or laying on the ground in a puddle.