One terminal lug, two conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,

I am designing & building a basic dipole antenna for amateur radio use. I am using 14AWG stranded bare copper wire for the conductor/antenna element. I wish to use a single terminal lug connector, but possibly have two of the 14AWG stranded bare copper wires under the same screw of a single terminal lug. The terminal lug I will use is approved for 2-16 AWG copper conductors. A manufacturer of such a lug claims that their device is "Approved [UL] for two-wire use. On the antenna elements, voltages should not exceed 280V. Current should not exceed 5A. Resistance should not exceed 300 ohms.

Is it acceptable, safe and NEC-compliant to have two wires under one screw in such an application?

Thanks!

Ivan Cook, W4FWL
Birmingham, Alabama

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended to assist electricians, electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical profession with their job related duties. If you are not an electrician, we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance work.

Status
Not open for further replies.