No$$, no credit, but electrical work is my passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
And contractors are the only group out there that has some ripping off customers, failed businesses, etc?:( It happens in any business, whether the business is legal or not.
Not at all. But what I am saying is that there is a greater expectation associated with a professional/trade license than with an ordinary business license.

kwired

Electron manager
Not at all. But what I am saying is that there is a greater expectation associated with a professional/trade license than with an ordinary business license.
There are doctors and lawyers that are corrupt and they are usually considered even higher level licensed professionals. IMO business is business. Whatever trade or practice is being funded by it is or should be sort of separate when it comes to those kind of rules.

I can see that maybe a contractor maybe should be subject to some rules that others are not because they commonly come to the property of others to do their work. I don't see why these rules need to apply to any licensing though. Some contractors do not go to others property, they build then sell their own property to others, or some kind of variation of that concept.

So, Ive decided our(my son and I) best course of action is to go back to school. I've been stressing how I was going to pay for the books alone for the exam, $1200. Not including the prep seminar. And low and behold the man upstairs shut one door, and opened the pearly gates. I registered for 4 classes toward an electrical engineering degree, and received a grant. Ill have just enough money left after my classes and books to pay for exam books. Ive been studying my tail off, confident on technical, business Im working on. Ill take exam and then plea my case before the board, I also go to court 08-30 to try and modify/ credit my arrears for the time my son has been in my custody. Dept. of Rev. is still trying to suspend my license even though my son lives with me. Wish me luck, thanks for the time.:):angel:

Definitely wish you the best of luck. Hope it all works out in your favor:)

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
So, Ive decided our(my son and I) best course of action is to go back to school. I've been stressing how I was going to pay for the books alone for the exam, $1200. Not including the prep seminar. And low and behold the man upstairs shut one door, and opened the pearly gates. I registered for 4 classes toward an electrical engineering degree, and received a grant. Ill have just enough money left after my classes and books to pay for exam books. Ive been studying my tail off, confident on technical, business Im working on. Ill take exam and then plea my case before the board, I also go to court 08-30 to try and modify/ credit my arrears for the time my son has been in my custody. Dept. of Rev. is still trying to suspend my license even though my son lives with me. Wish me luck, thanks for the time.:):angel:

school is good.
solvency is good.

however, the lesson from THIS session, is that one of the
solidest business moves you can accomplish,
is to take care of your court issues regarding child support.

most of the folks i'm currently doing work for, if it was found
that i was delinquent on child support, they wouldn't be having
me do work for them.

thinking of my two best accounts, i could just see the look on
their faces if something like this came up.

game over.

i've been over $2M in debt with a court judgement, and it didn't
appreciably affect my income. however, of all the really good
people i've done business with in the last 25 years, i can't think
of one of them who'd have anything to do with me if i had child
support the court was chasing me down for.

it's a visceral, personal reaction, as you can see from the responses
here.

so my best business advice is to take care of that, *first*.

good luck to you.

rt66electric

Go ahead and take the test

Go ahead and take the test

My state a person can take the test and pass. Your status is considered inactive . LATER a person can pay his dues and other requirements.

Anybody else live in a county that.. when a noncustoidial deadbeat can...... be wanted for warrants in three surrounding counties, and owe $20,000 in back child support,, AND claim for an indigent defense lawyer in a civil case, then can walk out , and drive home with no license..??????

My state a person can take the test and pass. Your status is considered inactive . LATER a person can pay his dues and other requirements.

Anybody else live in a county that.. when a noncustoidial deadbeat can...... be wanted for warrants in three surrounding counties, and owe $20,000 in back child support,, AND claim for an indigent defense lawyer in a civil case, then can walk out , and drive home with no license..??????

My wife's ex-husband has a clone????

kwired

Electron manager

I could see that happening here. Maybe having warrants in surrounding counties makes a difference, but take that out and I think it happens that way a lot.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
And low and behold the man upstairs shut one door, and opened the pearly gates.

You live in a downstairs apt with a doorman living above in the upstairs apt?

To be sure you're not speaking of our creator in that way...

Status
Not open for further replies.