NFPA 70A

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Does anyone have or seen the 2005 NFPA 70A?

From an instructors standpoint, I wonder if this code would be beneficial for pointing out specific requirements for dwellings and then cross referencing them back into to the NEC.

I am also curious how this code compares to the IRC electrical sections. The book sells for $49 which is not all that bad, however I would like to know if it worth the price and time.

charlie

Re: NFPA 70A

I saw one of the older editions but wouldn't waste my money on one. When doing a reinspection, it is just requiring some receptacles and some common sense things. Because the rules are in writing, they can be enforced if it is adopted but no covers are to be removed. I don't recall seeing much "meat" in it at all. :(

bphgravity

Thanks Charlie, I figured it wasn't that popular considering how its buried in the middle of the NFPA catalog. I actually did not know there were older versions, and assumed this was a new venture. :eek:

pierre

Brian
I have a copy of NFPA 70A. It is code information that is "extracted" from the NEC. Some minor editing to make certain code references work for one and two family dwellings.

If most of your work is in these types of occupancies, it will be a lot easier to find the code reference necessary for the installation.
It is 186 pages long as opposed to the 667 pages of the complete NEC. Definitely a good choice for those who do not navigate the NEC too well but still want to be code compliant.

[ March 08, 2005, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: pierre ]

charlie

Pierre and Bryan, I was out in left field. I thought you were talking about the reinspection code which is just a few pages long. This is obviously not the same document. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.