need some bid help

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernboys

Hey guys need some help bidding a job as in price range. As you saw from the cieling fans I typically come in way too low. So heres the scenario its a wellpump that has a max load of 19.2 amps so Im thinking 30 amp breaker. the pump is 90 foot from the power pack. there will be 53 ft of ditch to be dug. digging could involve a bunch of roots and solid ground. I will need to mount a 60a 4 ckt panel next to the powerpack due to the powerpack being full. Im thimking 500-600 in labor how far off am I? Do I need a dissconect located within sight of the wellpump? If so if I mount a 4x4 do I need a ground rod? what size egc or what code could I find this in? thanks in advance

mdshunk

Re: need some bid help

I don't dig ditches. When I bid stuff like this I bid price plus whatever the excavator charges. Maybe I'm missing out, since a lot of EC's have ditch witches and backhoes, but that's my choice.

blackrd

I would say about 750-950 depending on conditions. if you arent sure about the diggin then bid it high to cover your arse.

highkvoltage

I believe you are a tad low. When i bid ditch work I have clause built into the bid for exactly the reasons you listed. I would be closer to $800. Remember are you working for a paycheck or are you working to build a business. I work to build my business.

30A OCPD IS SUFFICIENT AS PER 430.52. AS FAR AS YOUR PRICE, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE YOU TO DIG THE DITCH. I MEAN, YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW. MULTIPLY THAT BY YOUR BURDEN LABOR RATE AND THAT IS YOUR BARE COST, ADD WHATEVER MARGIN YOUR COMFORTABLE YOUR WITH AND THAT IS YOUR PRICE. AND YES YOU NEED A DISCONNECTING MEANS WITHIN SIGHT OF EVERY MOTOR EXCEPT CERTAIN CONDITIONS WHICH ARE NOT WITHIN ANY SCOPE YOU ARE CURRENTLY DEALING WITH. DISCONNECTING MEANS FOR MOTORS OF 2HP OR LESS MAY USE A GENERAL PURPOSE SNAP SWITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.