Need clarification Re Bonding jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricmanscott

Here is the setup. Single family dwelling, with 200 amp meter/main outside feeding main lug panel in basement. GEC from well casing to meter/main. Interior water piping must be bonded. I am under the assumption that the bonding jumper to the water piping must connect at the service disconnect as per 250.104 (A)1. Reading through to #3 Makes me wonder if I can connect to the EGC terminal in the main lug panel. Does 250.104 (A)3 read Multiple buildings or structures supplied by feeders, meaning multiple buildings or any structure, or does it say Multiple buildings or structures supplied by feeders, meaning multiple buildings or multiple structures?

Either way would you say that I have a stucture supplied by a feeder as the service would be the meter/main.

[ August 31, 2005, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: electricmanscott ]

sandsnow

Re: Need clarification Re Bonding jumper

If the service is mounted on the building, then it is service supplied.

Quick answer w/out looking at the book. Bond water at service w/ wire sized per 250.66

james wuebker

sandsnow, I agree with want you say but what if the service is on a farm and it's on a pole or maybe a morton building with the main disconnect at that meter location. No water pipe there but now from the disconnect you feed it to the house and there's a water pipe in the house. You should be OK to hook up at the house and not at the main disconnect on the pole. Maybe I'm not see the picture here.
Jim

pierre

Scott
The '05 NEC has made this section easier to understand. Basically (3) is not for the connections made at the service, but for feeders and branch circuits at multible buildings or structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.