motor control center office

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: motor control center office

Your choice of terminology confuses me. I think of a ?motor control center? as a metal cabinet, six feet high, about 2.5 feet deep, and anywhere from three to ten feet wide. No, you can?t put an office inside an MCC. What are you referring to, by your use of this term?

gregoryelectricinc

Tat's funny Charlie. I'm guessing the reference is to the actual Room containing the MCC.As far as I know there is no place in the NEC that would prohibit an office (desk,chair,comp., etc) from being set up in an electrical room as long as all proper clearances from electrical equipment was maintained. In the same breath, I cannot remember any recent projects where ANY extra space was allotted in an electrical room. I can,however, think of a few industrial type clients that have a computer workstation set up in the room containing their MCC for purposes of monitoring a PLC.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Perhaps this is an electrical room with MCC gear inside. Office type equipment would be allowed as long as it does not impinge on working space as required in section 110.26. Also review the defintion of readily accessbile in Art 100

Status
Not open for further replies.