Man it has been hot and humid for my area this week. I have a nice heat rash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.P.

It has been hot and humid this week so far. The kind of weather that keeps all of your clothes wet with sweat all day long.

Anybody have any tips for the chafing that occurs in those unmentionable places when your clothes are soaked and you are walking/climbing all day?

I need to save the skin I have left. By noon walking is causing some real pain.

iwire

Staff member
powder_bottle_new.jpg

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I've used the Gold Bond medicated before because it's all that I could find over here. I've found while using it off and on will give you relief, applying it every morning before work on an every day basis made everything worse down there, worse off then if I hadn't been using it.

I've been meaning to try the original though, as soon as I can find it, because I assume it's just the ingredients in the medicated version that makes it all sensitive down there.:ashamed1:

cadpoint

A & D ointment if you have chafing, and the power to prevent it.

Avoid anything with menthol in the ingredients!

Last edited:

J.P.

I tried the gold bond and some basketball shorts (pulled way up) under my jeans instead of underwear. Worked ok, but everything was already sore......I haven't really had this problem outside of racing mx and there you would just wear padded bike shorts and prevent problems.

Wet jeans are uncomfortable for sure. I should add that it rained on use for 1/2 a day to start off the week and that got this all started.

We are working in a building with 14ft white foam walls and no roof. Hardly any breeze comes in.
It's like a reflective oven in there. Yesterday we ended up dumping a little water on some of our tools and the metal supplies that we were putting together. They were hot enough you couldn't touch them for more than a second.

It had to have been 120 degrees in there.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
You might try bicycle racing shorts with chamois lining.
They are elastic and form fitting, so they should not be a problem under jeans.

Status
Not open for further replies.