Main service disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Attached sketch shows main service panelboard with main circuit breaker that has incoming 3#3/0 AWG incoming service conductors.

I am aware that one can have one bonding jumper from neutral bus bar to the panelboard enclosure.

However, the attached sketch #4 main bonding jumper between neutral bar and ground bar, shows #4 bonding jumper from ground bus bar to the panelboard enclosure and another #4 bonding jumper from neutral bus bar to the panelboard enclosure.

Does NEC 2014 code allow or does not allow one bonding jumper from neutral bar to panelboard enclosure and another one from ground bus bar to panelboard?

Attachments

• FCB04A90-0C92-4647-B9A6-578060FB3B91.jpeg
    FCB04A90-0C92-4647-B9A6-578060FB3B91.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 13
Attached sketch shows main service panelboard with main circuit breaker that has incoming 3#3/0 AWG incoming service conductors.

I am aware that one can have one bonding jumper from neutral bus bar to the panelboard enclosure.

However, the attached sketch #4 main bonding jumper between neutral bar and ground bar, shows #4 bonding jumper from ground bus bar to the panelboard enclosure and another #4 bonding jumper from neutral bus bar to the panelboard enclosure.

Does NEC 2014 code allow or does not allow one bonding jumper from neutral bar to panelboard enclosure and another one from ground bus bar to panelboard?
I dont see any issue. Just some un-neccesary stuff. Is the EGC bar fastened directly to the cabinet or is it on standoffs?

Most service panels are not made up exactly the way the NEC says/implies. NEC says/implies there is a grounded conductor bus, and an EGC bus and they are connected by a MBJ. Almost everyone puts "grounds and neutrals" on the same bar. Really the two major things you CANT DO is use the cabinet as a path for a grounded conductor, and land the GEC on a different bus than the grounded conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.