Liquid tight fittings questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzman720

Don't laugh but we have never used these.
Can the ultratite nm conduit be connected to fsc boxes? The fittings I have are not threaded long enough. How do I connect this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2

kwired

Electron manager
The hub on that box won't take a threaded fitting anyway, you appear to have a 3/4 inch hub that was meant to cement a 3/4 PVC conduit into.

May or may not be listed for the purpose but some 1/2 inch female adapters will perfectly fit those 3/4 hubs and looks pretty slick when installing that way. Again may not be listed for such purpose but works great.

Reducing bushing that is threaded inside may not be easy to find - one that is listed for the application anyway.

ADub

Occupation
Estimator/Project Manager
Liquid tight fittings questions

The hub on that box won't take a threaded fitting anyway, you appear to have a 3/4 inch hub that was meant to cement a 3/4 PVC conduit into.

May or may not be listed for the purpose but some 1/2 inch female adapters will perfectly fit those 3/4 hubs and looks pretty slick when installing that way. Again may not be listed for such purpose but works great.

Reducing bushing that is threaded inside may not be easy to find - one that is listed for the application anyway.

Pretty sure iwire sail all that needed to be said on this subject. Looking for a reducing bushing with inside threads is simply ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Pretty sure iwire sail all that needed to be said on this subject. Looking for a reducing bushing with inside threads is simply ridiculous.
I agree

Roger

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
..some 1/2 inch female adapters will perfectly fit those 3/4 hubs and looks pretty slick when installing that way. Again may not be listed for such purpose but works great

Works best after price sticker is removed from the adapter.

kwired

Electron manager
Looking for a reducing bushing with inside threads is simply ridiculous.

Probably is, but only because you are not likely to find one that is listed for use as an electrical raceway fitting, not that the idea is bad otherwise.

I won't say they don't make any because then someone will find/post a link to one, but I have never seen one for electrical - I have seen this in a regular "pipe fitting" though.

johnmeto

Banned
Safely Connect an Electrical Outlet

Safely Connect an Electrical Outlet

You just have to Safely Connect an Electrical Outlet, These boxes are used for straight line conduit runs and splices. To secure the box once you have placed your wiring, simply affix a single gang electrical device cover onto it.

kwired

Electron manager
You just have to Safely Connect an Electrical Outlet, These boxes are used for straight line conduit runs and splices. To secure the box once you have placed your wiring, simply affix a single gang electrical device cover onto it.
How does affixing the cover secure the box:?

What do you use the mounting feet for?

Status
Not open for further replies.