Liquid dripping from electrical cord plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco

I brought a used Rainbow vacuum cleaner from Ebay back in 2006. The seller shipped the product from the Canada area. After each use a small amount of green colored liquid (3-4 drops) oozes out of the male plug prongs. It is an oily type of substance that will stain any porous material it comes in contact with. Everyone I spoke with in the electrical field has never heard are seen anything like this and have no clue what would cause this reaction. I have attached a picture of a napkin I use to wipe off the liquid and wrap the plug in during storage to keep the fluid from getting on other materials.

This bluest-green colored juice does not short out plugs or harm the vacuum cleaners performance in anyway. Any suggestions or thoughts on what may be causing this to happen will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMGP0809.JPG
    IMGP0809.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 0

jumper

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.