LED Dimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I am looking for an LED dimmer that uses the reverse phase or ELV dimming technology. I have used the Lutron Ariadni various times with good success on certain LED bulbs. I used a different LED from Aspect LED, terrific light by the way, and now i need a toggle dimmer that uses ELV instead of MLV technology. I found plenty of ELV dimmers but none that are a toggle with the slider beside... :( any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pizza

Cooper TAL06P
5480b0e8248d99df15c2211ea5d3b381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Very interesting that this dimmer claims to dim almost any situation. Not sure how it does all that

Single-Pole & 3-Way
300W Dimmable LED, Dimmable Compact Fluorescent (CFL)
600W Incandescent (INC)/Halogen (HAL), Dimmable Fluorescent (FLR), Magnetic Low-Voltage (MLV), Electronic Low-Voltage (ELV)

meetoomc

I'm not sure either and I'm not sure that it does. I need to play with the adjustments more to see if it will actually work for a reverse phase LED... It does work to some degree but there is some low end flicker. Not just a nice solid dimming... Yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PHL

I'm not sure either and I'm not sure that it does. I need to play with the adjustments more to see if it will actually work for a reverse phase LED... It does work to some degree but there is some low end flicker. Not just a nice solid dimming... Yet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have had experience with this dimmer. When using a oscilloscope this dimmer does not produce a reverse phase sign wave. I have never seen a dimmer that produces ELV Reverse phase dimming without a neutral connection for the dimmer. There is not a toggle dimmer that can produce a reverse phase sign wave from any of the major brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.