Landscape Lighting Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed downey

I Thought There Was A Minimum Height Above Finished Grade For A Landscape Lighting Receptacle. Can Anyone Confirm This Thought? I Did Not See It In 1996 NEC 300-5

Thanks,
Ed

bill addiss

Re: Landscape Lighting Receptacles

Ed,

I surely think some thought should be put into the minimum height, but there are no NEC requirements.

Bill

[ May 18, 2004, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: bill addiss ]

ed downey

Thanks, Bill

I Saw An Installation Today Where The Bell Box Was Mounted About An Inch Above Grade. I Thought I Had Seen Somewhere That It Had To Be Higher Than That. I Guess My Memory Is Going At 35.
-Ed

pierre

I am sure we have all seen the outdoor receptacle that is half buried, as it was originally installed close to the grade. I was surprised to not find any minimum, I was taught 12 inches and always thought that was the code :confused:

Pierre

bphgravity

I do some work from time to time on an island community here in Florida. I once had a customer who received a notice form their insurance company requiring all outside electrical equipment to be no less than 12" above the established flood zone, which is about 9 ft. above see level.

The problem is that the home was built before the zoning rules went into effect and is currently only 3 ft. above see level. This technically means that none of the outside equipment could be lower than 7' from grade! All the new homes don't have this problem as they are all built well above this 9' foot zone. Fortunatly they were able to recive a variance. :eek:

A

a.wayne3@verizon.net

Bryan I also do work in flood plain areas.We just did a Home where the question came up where to mount the service disc. and meter.The local poco wants meters to be at 5 1/2 ft above grade,but the BFE is at 12 ft above sea level which brought this meter to almost 9 ft above grade.I called the AHJ and asked what to do build a platform ,a berm???? He told me that the poco owns the meter so put it at 5 1/2 ft above grade.The next thing i asked was about receptacles and switches in the garage which are the entire first floor area.He said they all could be below flood level as long as GFCI protected.I always though for some reason that there could only be 1 switch below flood plain and the rest above.I brought this up and he said it`s not an NEC issue so all can be below flood plain ????

caosesvida

Isn't there a height requirement for a disconnect, which I belive is something like 24" outside, at least for a mobile home?

Status
Not open for further replies.