Landing of grounding, bonding conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb5412

I am relocating a 200amp service panel(residence) away from the nearest point of entrance for service ent conductors, about 40'. I'm now installing the service disconnect outside at the meter and running a 4 conductor cable to the relocated panel.
My question is, can I now land the grounding electrode conductors (2), water line bonding connductor @ the outdoor service disconnect? If so, will I need to buy a terminal bar to mount inside the outdoor se disconnect or are there other wiring methods?

Thanks

pierre

Re: Landing of grounding, bonding conductors

Mb
It is not "can", but you are required to land the GEC at the outdoor disconnect. If that disconnect is service rated, it should have the proper termination points, although I have seem some that are inadequate.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Re: Landing of grounding, bonding conductors

Pierre is correct you must do this in the service disconnect. We just did a similar installation using a SQ D 200amp 3R disconnect. It came with a neutral bar that had 5 lugs for terminating both neutrals, the water pipe grounding electrode conductor, the supplemental grounding conductor and the neutral to metal case bonding conductor.

Status
Not open for further replies.