kitchen outlet placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

Re: kitchen outlet placement

I have to agree on the people getting caught on the cords issue. This is kind of a switch back for me as a few years ago I was all for not installing a receptacle below the counter top.
as in "1969" One of the manufacture associations started requiring that the cord on kitchen appliances be shorten to 2' this was because of children grabbing the cords and pulling the appliance down on them after a few was killed they made this change. then in "1996" the NEC kind of undid this by requiring that there must be a receptacle on every island and peninsula. and this many times requires us to place them under the counter top. This again places the children at risk. so now we have magnetic attachment plugs on kitchen appliances.

pierre

Re: kitchen outlet placement

Bob
Architects and engineers today need to be more aware of the code(s) requirements. When designing a customers building, including a home, if the design does not meet any and all of the codes, it is not the inspectors fault for issuing a violation. So in essence yes the code(s) have plenty of influence on the design of a house.

Pierre

From the info given about this counter area, I would think that plugmold/receptacle in the front portion is going to be the answer.

[ March 15, 2004, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: pierre ]

Status
Not open for further replies.