Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

Just for fun...another bid (this one slipped away). Here's the details:

1st flr of a 2- family home,
Complete gut job of existing floor(by others),
appx. size of floor = 22x80,
all heat and cooking gas/oil,
MLO Panel to be located in unit (60A MCB in basement - unfinished area)
wired to code minimum with exceptions of:
4 AC outlets for wall/window units,
1 jacuzzi/hydro massage in bthrm.

No tele/cable lines included.

I already lost this job, just wondering what some of you think ~ if you need/want more details, I can provide them.

mdshunk

Re: Just for fun....(another bid)

If this was a Romex job, $3875, and I'd do a door chime too. :D Gut job is almost as easy as new work, just dirtier. I think that in my area, since the place would be gutted, I'd have to upgrade to a min 100 amp service and get rid of the 60 amp service that the place seems to have. That would be extra.

[ May 23, 2005, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: mdshunk ]

celtic

yes, it is a Romex job...I should have stated that...as well the doorbells ~ which weren't included :)

celtic

It would be nice if I knew State people were in ~ and don't say Bliss or Eutopia ...LOL

cheer.gif

This is in NJ

[ May 23, 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: celtic ]

mtn_elec

I don't know but me I need more info to give a number. I know it is minimun to code but, how many rooms? It will be a different story to calculate # of receptacles, 3 ways,gfi's, etc. Please Celtic a little bit more info..

celtic

Not much more to say...typical 6 over 6 2-family...K, LR, DR, 2 bdrms, 1 Bth, shorthall way, etc...

House would physically look sort of like this:
F897C4CC-0D06-419F-A187-8043F4BFE242.JPG

Floor plan might look something like this:
wlbr0045770_largefloorplan.png

....NO PLANS (architectural or other) were available at the time.

Heat,hot water, MCBs, etc are in (unfinished basement)basement.

The 2nd floor is also being gutted - along with 3rd floor and will become a duplex apt. This is a seperate job.

Service is 100A total, w/each unit on a 60A MCB - upgrading it to 200A and seperate 100A MCBs will be yet another job.

The HO is GCing the job. They called a bunch of contractors - various trades - to give estimates one day.

celtic

Originally posted by electricmanscott:
$5500. Then add at least another grand for the cluster f that this is guaranteed to be. Homowner GC. Bad move.
That was my logic with the number I gave...I'm SURE the other guys bought right into the whole "...oh, and we have more work, too..." comment. Whether they do or they don't have more work means nothing to me - UNLESS you want a price for the whole act.

Originally posted by jimwalker:
Is that Archie Bunkers house? :)

My bid was 6k...still seems fair to me.

mtn_elec

Well Celtic my number is 5550.00 including S.Ds & permits just for first floor but working alone!! with no other trade next to me, specially plumbers and I am not kidding otherwise add another grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.