Is deduct only for ninties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy

Yes that is the book

Yes that is the book

Is it this one?

http://www.conduitbending.com/Products.htm

How much does it get into Chicago benders? My fave, I own two of them.

I would also like to see a book about 'by eye' bending using hand benders. I have been taught some cool tricks from j-men over the years but never have seen a book about it. For 1/2 and 3/4 EMT, I rarely use a ruler to make up to 3 or so inch offsets. I knew a guy that could make any EMT bend there was just by holding a stick ruler up to the pipe and bender, never making a mark on the pipe and his bends were perfect. He was also so familiar with building materials that he could bend 3 and 4 bend saddles to for ceiling runs without measuring what he was jumping and they would be perfect every time. When we met, he was just getting ready to retire and I was an apprentice. He would stay on the ground and bend pipe and we would go up in the lift and run it. He was amazing.
That is a good book too. Some pictures are hard to understand. It talks about stuff I never knew about like offset gain? I always thought you add for shrink when you do a offset. I think I'm missing something, when I read that part.:? I would recommend that book though. Alot of stuff not in that green book. It talks about the push thru method for chicago type benders.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
That is a good book too. Some pictures are hard to understand. It talks about stuff I never knew about like offset gain? I always thought you add for shrink when you do a offset. I think I'm missing something, when I read that part.:? I would recommend that book though. Alot of stuff not in that green book. It talks about the push thru method for chicago type benders.

There will be gain any time there is a radius. Let's say you needed an offset that was 20 inches to the start of the offset, the length of the angled run to be 20 inches and the leg off the angle to be 20 inches. That offset would need less than 60 inches of pipe. The difference is offset gain.

Push through? I wonder if that is what we call 'take up', or measuring how much the pipe moves through the bender. You can do the same thing with triple nickels.

Status
Not open for further replies.