Insurance "yellow pages"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotlegs

A women called today wanting me to advertise in an "insurance yellow pages" book. She claimed that only a "handfull" of electricians would be selected to advertise in her prestigious book. She said that the book is passed out to insurance agents who need electricians for "insurance jobs". She seemed very pushy on the phone and I told her I wanted a copy of her book and she actually said NO and gave me some line of B.S. about how the information in it is confidential!! She is suppose to call back tommorow but i think I know where Im going to tell her she can put her book. Have any of you even heard of such an "insurance yellow pages" or is this another scam like the people who call and want you to advertise on their telephone cover protectors? :roll:

jimwalker

Re: Insurance "yellow pages"

Maybe i am wrong but i thought if i had a claim that it was my right to get estimates from contractors i pick.
Yes i think there is a good place for her book.Advertise in something i can't even see ? not hardly.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

It?s a scam. If she calls back (which I seriously doubt), tell her that you have passed along a warning about her scam to 18,284 members of our profession. If she asks how, tell her that that information is ?confidential,? :D and hang up on her.

hotlegs

Originally posted by charlie b:
If she asks how, tell her that that?information is ?confidential,? :D and hang up on her.
LOL. I use to jump on any kind of advertising that came my way, but through the years I realize there are dishonest people who try to steal our hard earned money. :mad:

[ September 22, 2004, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: hotlegs ]

active1

Every month I get something that looks like a phone book bill. I keep telling my wife DON'T PAY THAT. Something like national yellow pages. I get phone calls and things in the mail to verify our company listing. It is just a trick to get you to sign up to some phone book that no one gets. One was a printed US phone book offering a featured listing for only.... Wait.. How fat is that phone book that lists every business in the US.

It realy makes me sick all the scam phone calls I get and I'm sure they call every one.

Tom

bigjohn67

It's kind of like a credit card company sending you checks in the mail when you do not even have an account with them.

The best advertisment has always been by word of mouth based upon your quality of work and reputation. A good way to ruin your reputation is to go Flat Rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.