In what direction does electricity flow? Beyond confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
When dealing with conventional current, the formalism does not even depend in the existence of discrete charge carriers, much less the sign of their charge. You can just ignore that rather than trying to rationalize it in complex ways.

Besoeker

When dealing with conventional current, the formalism does not even depend in the existence of discrete charge carriers, much less the sign of their charge. You can just ignore that rather than trying to rationalize it in complex ways.
I completely agree. If you want to size a conductor you concern yourself with the magnitude of the current rather than the number of electrons involved.

Jon456

If you want to size a conductor you concern yourself with the magnitude of the current rather than the number of electrons involved.
OMG, you mean I've been doing it wrong all this time? No wonder it takes me so long to complete a job... I've been trying to count all those little buggers! :slaphead:

:p

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
I completely agree. If you want to size a conductor you concern yourself with the magnitude of the current rather than the number of electrons involved.

one could use eV rather than A
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.