Imagine never having to grade another test again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara

Imagine never having to grade another test again!

There?s a new, FREE feature here at Mike Holt Enterprises that we?d like to share with you because we believe it has great potential. We?ve developed an online examination tool for instructors to use in the classroom. Now your students can take the exams included in Mike Holt?s books online and the results will come right to you, the instructor, via E-mail

The exam result E-mail will include the student?s score and a link allowing you to see detailed examination results for the student. Also, a class analysis is provided whereby you can view any student?s results for that class at any time. These result reports will provide you with a better understanding of where in the material to focus, enabling you to improve your class immediately as needed, and allowing you to become even more effective-not to mention saving you time grading exams! You will never have to grade another one again!

The service is FREE, very easy to use, and we believe you and your students will benefit!

If you?re interested in signing up for this free service, we encourage you to do so. We?d love to hear any and all feedback from you for ways to make this tool better. You don?t have to be computer savvy to use this service, but since you are all registered members of our Code Forum, we know you won?t be intimidated by the prospect of utilizing this online feature.

Cllick Here for simple step-by-step instructions that will sign you up and get you started.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact us at Tara@MikeHolt.com. We?re here to help you every step of the way.

Re: Imagine never having to grade another test again!

wow Tara, this will be a good tool for teachers! Students could take the test in their own time and no hard to read answers etc..

sounds all good

jimwalker

Maybe Mike could set up some way for the rest of us to take any tests set up.Good way to see what areas we are weak in.

hurk27

Jim we can. There is a free Journeyman Exam One for 1999 NEC and 2002 NEC I just started the 2002 and they also e-mail you the results. It great. I had to brush up alittle (ok allot) I had a test to take today in a township And I passed :eek: :eek: :eek:

jimwalker

Thanks.I too would need to brush up if i was to take a test.At least its easier 2 nd time around :)
Anything over 75% is not bad.
Was taught when taking a test to use every minute allowed.Might only correct one question but that also might be all you needed to pass

[ March 15, 2005, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: jimwalker ]

pierre

Anything over 75% is passing, but is that so in regards to being acceptable? I would not want someone working at my house who only barely passed the test.
I spoke to a Navy electrician, and he told me that they have to "Ace" the test to be Navy electricians.
Would you want the doctor working on you to pass with a score of 75%?

bphgravity

Originally posted by pierre:
Anything over 75% is passing, but is that so in regards to being acceptable?
I completely agree with the point of this statement. I have been reviewing many apprenticeship and exam provider grading systems and find great flaws with many of them.

For example, the Electrical Council of Florida has a 4-point grading system. A student receives 10 points for attendance, 10 points for participation in class, 10 points for OJT reports, and 30 points for the marking period exam for a total of 60 points. Under this system, a student need only to get 50% of the exam correct and will still pass the program if he shows up everyclass, participates, and turns in his OJT. (10+10+10+15=45/60=75%)

Block and Associates had an odd method as well. Their exam was three part. The first two exams were worth 50% and the 3rd part the remaining 50%. Like the ECF program, an exam taker could effectively fail one of the first two section but do very well on one of the others to offset the total grade. This is slightly concerning.

I too would prefer to see exam and apprenticeship programs increase the minimum passing requirement. I believe many nursing programs require maintaining an "A" or you are kicked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.