I have a bid for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aelectricalman

I have a home where I am changing out alot of lights. There are 5 on first floor. These are on angled ceilings. They are all pendents. On the Second floor, we are changing out 5 lights as well. In the basement we are changing out 4 lights. Outside we are changing out 3 lights. In the kitchen we are removing one center florecent and adding 3 recessed and 2 pendants. I charged 1300.00. Does this seem about right?

mdshunk

Re: I have a bid for you.

That's within about 100 bucks of my price, but you looked at the house, so you're probably right. Old work recessed cans really rack up some labor dough sometimes. I'm waiting for someone to invent an x-ray vision tool.

celtic

How high is the ceiling?
Any switching being changed?

For an average 8 - 10' ceiling w/no changes to switching...about $1600 - not including fixtures, trims, or lamps.

coppertreeelectric

I have an x-ray vision tool that I built out of a rock and a sock. All you have to do is pound it against the ceiling a few times and next thing you know you can see through the sheet-rock.

I'm not sure the homeowner is impressed with the technology though.

bradleyelectric

Originally posted by aelectricalman:
In the kitchen we are removing one center florecent and adding 3 recessed and 2 pendants.
How long do you think it will take you to do this part of the job? That price sounds cheap to me.

jimwalker

I am thinking all day for journeyman and a good helper.You should be ok.One never knows whats under that old fixture.I would use a small drill bit and a piece of grid wire and feel around before i cut in can.Then cut small hole first.I bought a small cam over weekend and it can see in the dark.Less than 2 inches by 1 inch.Have not tried it out yet but i think it will be a winner.Was only $39 at sams.Not X ray but would be an easy to patch hole if there is a problem.

resistance

Not enough information.

Sounds like a lot of guessing!

Sure most will have different answers, because most are in different locations.

I would like to know how some of you came up with your selling price??

If guessing: I come up with 1293 or 1300 not including material or having to reach a 10 foot or more high ceiling. This is also based on my hourly rate, and not yours!? ;)

Good topic, yet leaves a lot of room for guessing!

[ June 04, 2005, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: resistance ]

Status
Not open for further replies.