How to properly guy Mast through roof

Occupation
Residential Service Electrician
Homeowner wanted service replaced due to mast being bent over when a tree fell. I didn’t even consider going underground which would be a good option. However, he would also like the mast raised to park his camper underneath. Attached are photos of current set up and also very slight photo showing camper beside of his garage. What’s the proper way to support his conduit through the roof if I raise the height? (Btw attached photo of random panel placed in crawl space that we will be removing as well lol)

Attachments

• IMG_1180 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1180 Large.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1179 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1179 Large.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1181 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1181 Large.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1176 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1176 Large.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1177 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1177 Large.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1178 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1178 Large.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 45

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
Strut or extra lumber where you penetrate the roof. Maybe get a carpenter to help with this. Special order a 20 foot stick of rigid for your extra height with no couplings. Consider 2 1/2 inch or even 3 inch if trees are likely to hit it again. I've see lots of 2 inch pipe bend under the stress.

Occupation
Strut or extra lumber where you penetrate the roof. Maybe get a carpenter to help with this. Special order a 20 foot stick of rigid for your extra height with no couplings. Consider 2 1/2 inch or even 3 inch if trees are likely to hit it again. I've see lots of 2 inch pipe bend under the stress.
Getting a carpenter out there in a weeks notice is going to be hard. Trees unlikely to cause any more issues, if you see in the picture with the transformer most are clear unless something catastrophic happens with those larger trees in the back.

Occupation
You can also guy it with an anchor and a steel cable.
That’s what I was thinking with 2” rigid I just wasn’t sure if this would be sufficient. The likelihood of having trees fall again are low. I just want a clean install and I’ve never had to support a conduit past the roof before.

marmathsen

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Here are the requirements from the Washington code if that helps. Guy wire go in the back or stiff legs go in the front.
1463a5d8992e528f55146e8366f9f110.jpg

Rob G - Seattle

Occupation
This is the best option
Do you feel like this would work fine considering I have to put the support behind the mast? Unless I’m looking at it wrong the A-Frame roof wouldn’t support going in the front with the stiff arms.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Small critiques:

I would put a split bolt around the guy wire where it loops through the rear insulator, so the mast can't sway from side-to-side.

I probably would have put both insulators on the same pair of bolts and nuts, instead of using the back halves of the clamps.

Occupation
Small critiques:

I would put a split bolt around the guy wire where it loops through the rear insulator, so the mast can't sway from side-to-side.

I probably would have put both insulators on the same pair of bolts and nuts, instead of using the back halves of the clamps.
Very wise additions I didn’t consider thank you for giving me good advice for next time