Help to make this code forum better - from MHE Director

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

We're going to be re-evaluating our code forum and looking at ways to make it better. Please give me some suggestions. You are the users that are on the forum, so your feedback and what you want is most important to me. Let me know what you'd like to see happen. We'll consider all requests! Thanks for your participation!

wildman

Re: Help to make this code forum better - from MHE Director

Tara, I seem to be the first to respond to your test (most topics included) I feel I have voiced my opinion on the subject of change! If the majority are happy with the way things are, then so be it! I do feel we need to move along; upgrades are important but not necessary! Is this poll for administration or for its members? I see a membership fee in our near future..
wildman

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Wildman, if there is a membership fee as you desire, will you volunteer to pay the fee for the students that visit here and have a struggle with school cost before any other expenses such as this fee are considered?

Roger

simon

Tara, I enjoy this forum. I have learned a lot from reading its posts. The treads are usually very honest and informative. However, I believe if the "Wildman" gets his way and you charge for memberships this site would loose out. There will always be an up and coming code sight waiting to take this ones place.

If $$$ are any concern the marketability to the manufacturers such as SqD, Seimans, Little fuse, Bussman, etc... for advertizing might be a consideration.

Best Regards, Simon

wildman

Roger, what it all boils down to is the money! As soon as the student realizes how "great" this site is and how much assistance it can bring to their continuous education, then they will "find a way" to come up with the small fee. A $25 annual fee should not put a hardship on anyone! Tara speaks of soliciting changes. I believe a membership fee is on the way, whether we really want one or not!!

ryan_618

If this site starts charging a fee, you will see a dramatic increase in membership in the dozens of other electrical forums that are out there, and you will also see a dramatic decrease in membership here. I will be one of them.

ed downey

I Agree With Ryan On This Issue. I enjoy reading the posts and i rarely post any questions or answers, but I will definitely not visit if there is a fee associated with this forum.
-Ed

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

I would follow you guys but Tara has said there will be no fee.

Roger

wildman

Roger, this is what I have been waiting for!
"Tara has said there will be NO FEE". I was looking for an administrative commitment on this issue! We can all share a sigh of relief and continue with the matter at hand "needed improvements, if any, to our website". wildman

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Life is good! :D

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.