Grounding Myths BUSTED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

2-3 years ago I was virtually clueless about grounding and bonding systems, and was following some myths and practices that I was incorrectly taught. Admittedly this is a difficult topic and there is much misinformation out there, so I assume this is not uncommon.

With much thanks to this forum and its participants (as well as Mike Holt and his books), my knowledge has greatly increased while destroying old misconceptions.

I have a long way to go, and I'm learning everyday. Keep up the good work!

Re: Grounding Myths BUSTED!!

Thank you Peter for the kinds words. We at Mike Holt Enterprises all have a tremendous committment to do what we can to help the industry in any way that we can.

God Bless, Mike Holt

peter d

Thank you Mike! :D God bless you for the great work you have done to advance the electrical industry!

electricmanscott

I ordered some of Mikes books the other day and I hope to be as smart as Pete one day. :p The bad news is I have a feeling the more I learn the more I will be battling with inspectors. :roll:

celtic

"The more you learn, the less you know"

Someone (I forget who, probably a teacher) told me this....and when you think about that statement - it's true.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer

A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope (1688-1744) - An Essay on Criticism

physis

Apple Polisher :D :D

That's the first Time I've seen Mr Holt stop by. I'm sure I've missed him a number of times before. This thread almost got by me too.

Kind a cool. :cool:

physis

Gee, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just not that common that the guy responsible for something would grab a number just like everyone else.

bphgravity

Mike told me last month that he was at a meeting of some kind a couple years ago and and someone commented him on the Forum. He asked "what forum?" He claims he didn't even know it was in operation. Once he realized the popularity of the forum, he began to take a more hands-on approach to its operation. You would not believe what it costs to keep it running!

I asked why he doesn't get involved too much, and he simply stated he was too busy. He said that he also has good moderators so he didn't feel it was necessary to check up on things. He also said that if someone asked him to comment on a topic or reply to a post he would.

I know Ryan fills him in on some things that are discussed here.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

The member numbers for this forum were assigned in the order of your registration for the forum. At the time this forum was opened, Mike's old forum was still up and running. There was a period of time when both were in operation. After this transition time, the old forum was closed and its posts were placed in the archive section of this forum for reference. I am not sure, but I think this is the third generation of the forum.
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.