GROUNDING & BONDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardcruz

I have a question regarding the proper grounding of 2 disconnects to the meter can in a residential application.
Currently I have an existing 200amp disc. being fed by a 400amp (320 Cont.) meter can. The ground wire to the is coming from 2 ground rods 6 feet apart where it first lands on the nuetral bonding lug of the meter can. It continues through unbroken to a double lug mounted on the ground bolt inside the meter can. The other hole of the 2 hole ground lug has the ground wire from the existing disconnect panel.
My question to you is, can I simply install the new disconnect ground to the same hole of the 2 hole lug that the first disconnect ground is connected to? Right now I have mounted the hots and nuetral to the new double lugs installed on the respective hots and neutrals of the meter(both disc. are fed by the 2 hole lugs mounted on the load side of the meter).

jwelectric

Re: GROUNDING & BONDING

Does this meter can have breakers?
If not then the grounded (neutral) conductor is all that is needed to bond the meter can to the panel.
250.142 Use of Grounded Circuit Conductor for Grounding Equipment.
(A) Supply-Side Equipment. A grounded circuit conductor shall be permitted to ground non?current-carrying metal parts of equipment, raceways, and other enclosures at any of the following locations:
(1) On the supply side or within the enclosure of the ac service-disconnecting means
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.