Flat Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbill

Is there anyone in here using Flat Rate Pricing for electrical service. I am looking into it and it looks to be a good deal. I would like any feedback and what systems people are using.

Re: Flat Rate

I've been using flat rate pricing for about two months now and it has been great! I finally started making money. The family really appreciates having food on the table!

P.S. MrBill

Someone told me a good rule of thumb is 4x material cost and $100. an hour in the Sacramento, CA area. I haven't quite gone that far though.

wayne123

Whoa!4 X on material. That seems like alot to me. I have a hard time doing 2 x on my material just so I can get the job. Of course I don't work in or around a large metro area like you do. Might think about relocating though.

Well, like I said I haven't gone that far yet either. I have come to the realization that I would rather feed my family than the customer's.
For that matter, now that I charge what I'm worth I can occasionally feed someone else's family at the same time!

bigjohn67

Flatrate pricing does nothing but hide extremely high overcharges from the customer. Such as the 4x material cost as stated above. Flat Rate is bad for electrical business as far as I am concerned. We switched to it and dumped it less than 6 mos later due to the drop in business it caused. You'll do better estimating your jobs the ole fashion way no matter how small. When it comes to trouble shooting, notify the customer of the charges every hour and the progress of your work.

Honesty is the best policy and your business will grow as a result of it.

[ October 17, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: bigjohn67 ]

a-1 elec

big john i agree. honeswty is the best policy. my contractor buddy went on a service call for outside light. replaced bulb told homeowner repaired wires $ 189.00. i couldnt sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.