Fiber optic hdmi cable to break audio ground loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0x1

ok I understand your suggestion

again if I Isolate as you suggested would it still be possible
for ground noise to be generated on the band /dj end between their laptop, their mixer, their monitors, etc when plugging into our hdmi and then the noise be broadcast via audio to our system outside of the isolation?

I highly doubt it. The noise is coming from connecting your video input's ground to a mixer input through the laptop. The purpose of the isolation is to keep whatever ground nonsense is happening on the 3rd party side of the stage input separated from the house mixer and PA.

I encounter this ALOT with laptops, even when it's just the laptop and its power adapter plugged in. As a standard practice we connect all laptops through a DI and have zero problems.

markebenson

I highly doubt it. The noise is coming from connecting your video input's ground to a mixer input through the laptop. The purpose of the isolation is to keep whatever ground nonsense is happening on the 3rd party side of the stage input separated from the house mixer and PA.

I encounter this ALOT with laptops, even when it's just the laptop and its power adapter plugged in. As a standard practice we connect all laptops through a DI and have zero problems.

thank you for your input!

markebenson

Hello Guys I wanted to update you. I provided a DI box between the Djs mixer and the house mixer with no success. I then provided a noise filter for the Dj between his own mixer and his laptop and no noise whatsoever with his Hdmi video connected too. We played around with it and without the filter the noise would arise not just plugging in his laptop to the house video system but ANY tv as well generated the same noise. The filter between his laptop and his mixer corrected the issue. Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.