Feeding multiple sub panels 1 breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygil13

How's it going? Our company is currently doing an engineered residential service. There are several panels. Coming out of the 800 amp MDP we are feeding 3 panels with 1 set of 4/0 copper. Each panel has 2 neutral lugs, and 2 lugs ( each lug rated for 2 4/0 +/-).

It all makes sense but I was curious if that falls under the tap rule (not to familiar). We generally come out of the mdp for each sub panel. I am new to this forum. Thanks for your time and expertise.

Jason

jaygil13

So it from mdp 4/0 to first panel, from first to second panel with 4/0, and second panel to third panel 4/0. Daisy chained each 4/0 sharing a lug (rated for the purpose). We generally don't feed panels like this. Just want to make sure I don't over look anything thanks again

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jaygil13

225a

From mdp to panel 1 it's 4/0, from panel 1 to 2 it's 4/0, and from panel 2 to 3 it's 4/0. Daisy chained. Each lug is rated for the purpose. We generally don't feed panels like this and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything thanks again

jaygil13

Thanks i appreciate it.The whole tapping was my main concern. Not familiar with the subject, or feeding panels in this manor.

jaygil13

The loads not the concern. It's all engineered and they have it layed out down to every branch circuit. But there's multiple locations where we feed 3 panels like this.
We usually feed every sub panel out of the MDP for the most part on our other jobs like this. Is this a normal practice

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
The loads not the concern. It's all engineered and they have it layed out down to every branch circuit. But there's multiple locations where we feed 3 panels like this.
We usually feed every sub panel out of the MDP for the most part on our other jobs like this. Is this a normal practice

No different then using feed thru lugs on opposit ends of the buss bars. Normal enough, I would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.