Feeder Wire - Wire Insulation Slightly Under Lug (Follow Up - Additional Details Added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticSkies22

Occupation
Retired
My previous thread was locked, I wanted to add further clarification. This was installed by a licensed electrician. No electrical issues. This was noticed after removing the cover to have additional electrical work completed and I took a few pictures to get feedback.

This is a 2/0 CU Feeder wire coming into the main subpanel on a 200A service. There are no nicks in the copper wire and from the front side everything looks good.

But upon further inspection, the tiniest bit of wire insulation is under the lug.

Does this pose any type of threat for a bad connection or an unsafe electrical situation? Or is this completely safe and a non-issue?

The feeder wire cannot be shortened or cleaned up…so a new line would have to be run if this isn’t up to code. Thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated as leaving too much exposed copper is risky, but not enough could also create an issue with safe connection.

Tom Baker - Please let me know if I’m missing any information so this thread doesn’t get locked again. Thanks.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
As Tom said in your earlier thread, you did not say who did the work and your profile does not indicate what you are retired from.

Status
Not open for further replies.