Federal jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

I emailed her and asked if my complaint was on a docket ,her reply to me was I still was not able to find the contract for the locations where you were at. Do you know if the employer is still working under the contract at the locations where you worked? If not and the contract is closed then we will not be able to open an investigation of the employer.

I think what you need to do is collect as much information about this job as possible.

The job was probably not awarded to the electrical contractor but to a GC as the prime contractor and the EC was a sub contractor.

If you know the name of the General Contractor you can call their office and "try" to get information about the prime contract. If they are not butt heads they should be able to give you lots of valuable information. At least the date of the contract and just who it was awarded to and a contract number.

If they get the correct information the DOL should be able to varify the contract.

If the company you were working for has a web site it's possible that the job you were working on is listed as an on-going job on their web site.

Google the address of the job site where you were working. There are often news articles about the awarding of goverment contracts. Google the name of the GC and see what you can find out about them. Visit the GCs web site and see if this job is listed .

liquidtite

I think what you need to do is collect as much information about this job as possible.

The job was probably not awarded to the electrical contractor but to a GC as the prime contractor and the EC was a sub contractor.

If you know the name of the General Contractor you can call their office and "try" to get information about the prime contract. If they are not butt heads they should be able to give you lots of valuable information. At least the date of the contract and just who it was awarded to and a contract number.

If they get the correct information the DOL should be able to varify the contract.

If the company you were working for has a web site it's possible that the job you were working on is listed as an on-going job on their web site.

Google the address of the job site where you were working. There are often news articles about the awarding of goverment contracts. Google the name of the GC and see what you can find out about them. Visit the GCs web site and see if this job is listed .

Finally I got through to someone higher up than the lady I was talking to ,the lead investigator took down all the info again and said their going to try and find he contracts I was working under .

I took your advice and looked up the gc's on the net and punched in the job locations .
I came up with a page with the dates ,amounts of contracts,location of job,description of work,contractor agency,major agency,funding agency,and starting /ending dates.

but I couldn't find contract num I hope it helps the investigator out I emailed it to her
it also showed pics of the jobs I was on in the gc's website .and it says still on going.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I think this has run its course.

Forum Rules said:
No information gathered from this web site shall be treated as being the opinion of an 'expert witness, and you do not have anyone's permission to present such information as evidence in any type of legal dispute.

The OP has gotten a lot of information here, and enough legal advice has been dispensed. This is a code forum, and this has gone far enough. Felicitations in your quest for justice, please leave us out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.