Fastening conduit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyO

inverter.jpg

Anyone have good suggestions on how to fasten/support the conduit that's going up vertically? Should be fastened within 3' of the LB, which would be just above the top of the inverter.

Best I'm coming up with is a stack of unistrut lag-bolted into the stucco. The homeowner really doesn't want any more holes in the stucco if it can be avoided. And I'm not thrilled with how a stack of unistrut would look.

Attachments

• DSC_1244[1].jpg
    DSC_1244[1].jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 2

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
View attachment 12574

Anyone have good suggestions on how to fasten/support the conduit that's going up vertically? Should be fastened within 3' of the LB, which would be just above the top of the inverter.

Best I'm coming up with is a stack of unistrut lag-bolted into the stucco. The homeowner really doesn't want any more holes in the stucco if it can be avoided. And I'm not thrilled with how a stack of unistrut would look.

perhaps if you bent an offset so the pipe laid against the stucco, and mounted it with one hole straps or minnies?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
perhaps if you bent an offset so the pipe laid against the stucco, and mounted it with one hole straps or minnies?
That is what I was thinking and was going to say before I scrolled down and read your post.

I'll add that the pipe does need to be strapped three feet from the LB, but every ten feet after that, so I can't imagine the stucco will have too many holes in it.

kwired

Electron manager
View attachment 12574

first there is only one vertical run - at the far right of the photo - and the 3R meter-main needs turned 90 degrees or it will not be all that rain proof:)

Assuming this is running to PV array on a rooftop, chances are there is not going to need to be than many holes drilled to anchor it to the wall, as said within 3 feet of the connector and every 10 feet after is minimum code - so depending on the wall height from that point - at least one support is needed on the wall maybe a second maybe not. If they can't live with that they may have to look at a loose, broken, hanging raceway sometime down the road that will look worse then having one or two holes drilled.

kwired

Electron manager
glob of construction adhesive - no holes were drilled:cool:

Maybe lasts a while in milder climates but maybe not so long in direct sunlight, doesn't make it through more then two seasons (spring-summer, fall-winter..) around here.

Zee

Not wanting a hole in wall and wanting an inverter on said wall is incompatible.
You gotta drill a hole for a screw.
Use a blue TAPCON screw for stucco/concrete that effectively fills hole in any case.....and you can fill it with caulk before you put the one hole strap over it. Will be fine.

A stack of strut is ugly i agree.

If you have a little excess DC wire inside inverter.........Why not remove LB from inverter side, bend a kick in the EMT so it lays against wall and slip in a nipple between the now shortened, vertical EMT and LB (LR)?
I believe the solaredge optimizers, after shutoff, on roof should lower the DC V to their "SAFE DC V" of 1V each, so you can just tape up ends of DC wire in inverter maybe......do check this is true yourself!

Why is teh conduit in teh air???

kwired

Electron manager
I would make a decision as to whether I'm staying in business or closing up shop.

If I am staying in business, I buy tools required to uncomplicate code compliant installations.
The unistrut rack works if you don't want to bend the raceways:happyyes:

So does flexible conduit.

Status
Not open for further replies.