FACP Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
I would like to put a Fire Alarm Control Panel on a rickety platform above a swimming pool full of sharks that is accessed by a gangplank featuring flaming hoops, which can only be accessed by answering three questions of this esteemed gentleman:

troll-bridge-750x400.jpg

What code and section dictate installation requirements (specifically location restrictions) for FACPs? I am under 2011 NEC, NFPA 72 2013, 2012 IBC.

TIA

69gp

I would like to put a Fire Alarm Control Panel on a rickety platform above a swimming pool full of sharks that is accessed by a gangplank featuring flaming hoops, which can only be accessed by answering three questions of this esteemed gentleman:

troll-bridge-750x400.jpg

What code and section dictate installation requirements (specifically location restrictions) for FACPs? I am under 2011 NEC, NFPA 72 2013, 2012 IBC.

TIA

Around here all of the Fire Departments need to approve the system before the system is installed. They will tell you where they would want the panel or remote annunciator located.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Sorry, fire alarm control panels listed to UL864 are not listed for installation outdoors. :happysad: You might consider a NEMA 4X enclosure with environmental controls to temper the panel's local environment, assuming the AHJ will go along. Could be tricky if your pool is chlorinated (which probably isn't good for the sharks) as far as corrosion is concerned. If the pool is salt water, you might have a corrosion problem there too, depending on how high above the pool the panel is. Both might be addressed if you have an oil and moisture free source of CDA for cabinet purge.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Come on George: It was surely a European Swallow.

"Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know."

I love that movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run away!

Status
Not open for further replies.