Excelent read so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

Re: Excelent read so true.

Originally posted by fyretek:
you guys not being in the ibew and not being a system tech obviously do not understand the point of the comments
I hereby declare Fyretek as The Official Supreme Fountain of Knowledge for All Fire Alarm Systems.

friebel

To: dereckbc, Well said, dereck, I have wanted to make a comment that I felt that some of the Messages were deteriorating our forum.
Just as you mention, please let us keep all of our messages on a professional level.
This is such a good forum, and I get a great deal of good information from it.

frankc

Hey,fyretek, why pull F/A cable through conduit anyway? THHN,TFFN,they work fine. We've used type MC armored and a red spray paint can. AHJ is fine with that. FA cable is not the easiest to pull,that's for sure.
I gave some scrap ends to a carpenter who tried making an extension cord out of one. Code,what code?

izak

I installed Fire Alarm Systems for an IBEW contractor, as a MEMBER of Local 569, San Diego, California.

Yes, we DID routinely pull 12/2 SOLID for Horn/Strobes in 1/2 and 3/4 inch conduit.

We also Routinely pulled through more than two nineties... in fact, when there was a junction box where we DIDNT NEED IT, we DIDNT LIKE IT

Since then, i have learned to run conduit, and heard the Datacom and Fire Alarm techs WHINE about non-sweep ninties and several bends per run...

sometimes i feel like not even using a bender and placing a Junction box EVERY 5 FEET just so those guys will realize the better side of two ways of thinking....

I mean, if you like making splices all over the place when you dont NEED to break the wire, then i guess youll be doing ALOT more troubleshooting...

LEARN HOW TO PULL WIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.