Equipment Control Panel Working Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy.zinkofsky

Control panel for an Autoclave, basic on/off & status display. Needs a 120V source then converts it to 24VDC to power the inner circuitry. So, it's exposed energized parts will all be 24VDC. Does this control panel meet the exception of 110.26(A)(1)(b)? or do I still need 3ft of clearance? The only communications that may be involved is a cat6 to the building automated system.

Carultch

Control panel for an Autoclave, basic on/off & status display. Needs a 120V source then converts it to 24VDC to power the inner circuitry. So, it's exposed energized parts will all be 24VDC. Does this control panel meet the exception of 110.26(A)(1)(b)? or do I still need 3ft of clearance? The only communications that may be involved is a cat6 to the building automated system.

Where special permission is granted by the AHJ, the working space on these low voltage systems can be less than 3 ft. 110.26(A)(1)(b). I don't recommend counting on special permission until you have it.

(b) Low Voltage. If special permission is granted in accordance with 90.4, working space for equipment that operates at not more than 30V ac or 60V dc can be less than the distance in Table 110.26(A)(1).

Status
Not open for further replies.