Employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwalker

Re: Employment

Prejudice doesn't seem to stop at skin color or race.Real shame but customers are easily impressed over appearance of a service call man and not his ability.Often when i had to go do a bid or service call we set it up for first thing in morning or took extra clothes so i could change.

luke warmwater

You can have long hair and/or a beard and keep it neat.

My hair used to be over 3feet long. I used to keep it in a pony-tail. I never had a problem with an employer.
It's not how long it is, it's how neat the appearance.

I own my company.
I have 10 earrings, a bunch of tattoos, and my hair has been every color in the rainbow (right now it is black w/some blonde roots comming in.)

I could not, nor would I ever, not hire someone because of a beard or long hair.

physis

You're killin' me paul. I'm still laughing at that. Just when I told my girlfriend she can never mess with this site, because you guys are so serious and professional, you people start acting like this. :D

His description didn't sound so bad when I was writing it. Now that I read it I'm wondering if I shouln't give him a pink slip.

There is an issue that I think is valid though. I'm scared to send a fat guy into an attic. And that's my favorite place to use a guy. I don't want to go up there. This guy, Marty we'll call him, 'cause that's his name, gets all the basement work though.

Now he'll know it's him Bob. I should never have mentioned basement work. :D

[ August 17, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

apauling

physis, just imagine him taller, and he won't be as heavy.

if he's willing to be in the attic in the summer, how can you fault him. Buy some attic boards to spread the weight (3/4 ply or equal just over 4' ((4'6")) to span two 2' bays, paint this side up and put air fresheners on the bottom.

paul

physis

I can just imagine him taking two and half hours to get himself and his two joist skis 20 feet across the attic. I can also imagine him and 75 pounds of sheet rock hanging from the ceiling by an NM cable and a heater duct. But he is willing to go.

msd

I just fired Mr. GQ

Comments like......
I can't fit in there. (any crawl space / attic)
My clothes might get dirty.
Got to be home early to get ready for a date.

He was a good electrician.
Pretty to...<LOL>
Just not a good employee.

Some fat, ugly, dirty, smelly guy with a beard and long hair is going to get Mr. GQ's job.

pwhite

jimwalker,
be careful when you say to file the application in file 13. most buisnesses are required to keep applications on file for a spceified time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.