electrostatic shielded XF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam installing a 3ph 45kva xf that has a wire comingout of each of its coils. According to the manufacturer...GE, I need to take these three wires and attach them to ground. Has any body seen or installed one of these before?

templdl

Re: electrostatic shielded XF

As a former application engineer for a major dry type distribution transformer manufacturer I have never found the connection of the static shield to the ground to be a part of the installation procedure. A transformer of that size usually has (7) taps with (2)FCAN and (4)FCBN. You primary connections are to be made at the X1, X2, and X3. Then (1) jumper is provided from the X1, X2, and X3 to be attached to a given tap which is selected based upon the available primary voltage.

I thought I would bring you up to date on the electrostatic shielded XF. Well I wired it up per the manfactureers instructions and bonded the 3 leads accordingly, powered up and "no arcs, no sparks". I have the cut sheet and can e-mail it.
Bill

templdl

Thanks for the feedback which we don't get very often. Some of our replys seem to go into a black hole.
If you scan the cut sheet and file it as a jpg maybe you can post it.

kiloamp7

Yes I have installed a Square D 45KVA with electrostatic shield. It has been years ago,though.

Be sure these are not the taps & study the diagram. Connect the shield(s) per the diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.