Electrical software

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrsb

What software do you use the most for calculations? There are a lot of programs out there and I was wandering what gets the most use out of it? Here are a couple that I am looking into-
Volts by dauphin software- Volts
Wireguide by Zoltec- wireguide

I use an older version of wireguide that came with my estimating software. Also if there is any other software that you use often please post it here.

tshea

Re: Electrical software

I'm looking for software that will interface with PDA for service call type work.
I vaguely remember seeing a system in one of the trade mags.

chrsb

Originally posted by tshea:
I'm looking for software that will interface with PDA for service call type work.
I vaguely remember seeing a system in one of the trade mags.
Here is the link for that- web page

chrsb

Well after looking through the programs I decided to go with Volts. I liked the fact that all future upgrades are free right now. I own the ECM program, but am disappointed that they charge alot of money to upgrade as the code changes. I am extremely happy with Volts, I even used the one line diagram on a proposal I recently did. The company even gave me a call to make sure I didn't have any questions after I bought it. I did ask when fuses will be brought into the program and was told in one of the next releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.