eBay non-code

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke warmwater

FYI: non-code related, but I thought maybe someone could use the info:

There is alot of fraud going on through alot of eBay auctions.
I have bought alot of things through eBay and have never had a problem, but I see more and more bogus auctions.
Mostly it's in electronics type equipment, but it's even evident in things like infant clothing.

In case you don't know:

Never, NEVER, NEVER pay someone that isn't a family member or friend with Western Union. You will most likely never see your money or the item again.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Research an item that you are looking to buy, and know it's value. Let it go, if it seems tgtbt.

eBay or PayPal will Never ask for your username and password in an e-mail. If eBay or Paypal send you an e-mail, they will always tell you to log into your account through their site.

Never allow anyone to put money directly into your account. (don't laugh, people do it every day, and realize their identy is stolen way too late)

Read Feedback and use your best judgement.

Be careful of fraudulent 'second chance' auctions. There are true 'second chance' auctions.

Stay away, Stay Away, STAY AWAY from 'Pre-Approved Bidders Only' auctions. These are SCAMS.

Also, be careful of 'only one type of payment' type sellers. Usually 'only cash' or 'only money order'.
Some people do not take PayPal because of the extra fees, but alot will accept the payment if you offer to pay the fee.

So if there is ever a Milwaukee Hole Hawg for sale, brand new in the box for $50.00, and the seller wants you to pay with Western Union for 'quick shipping', do yourself a favor and go to Big Orange a pay the $299 bucks.

Todd

luke warmwater

Re: eBay non-code

No, I haven't.
But I'm on eBay alot, and figured the info may help anyone here who didn't realize there are alot of scams that go on.
I've never bought electrical items through eBay, go figure.

iwire

Staff member

Luke thanks, I have not used ebay but I have wanted to.

I just never trusted it, you seem to be saying you have had positive experiences there. :)

torint

Thanks Todd.... I have used ebay and will continue... I will heed/follow your advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.