Diversi Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Any recommendations on a Diversi Bit? Geenlee has diversi bit 941 kit for about $84.00. I've not used on before, am drill top and bottom plates from a wall opening - in a resi rewire

James L

Occupation
Electrician
I only use it once in a while, for that one hole you just can't get any other way.

resi rewire, I wire plugs from basement, lights and smokes from attic. That presumes one floor unfinished below.

Drop from attic to basement by measuring walls from landmarks such as duct and plumbing.

get the two holes perfectly in line and drop from top hole through bottom hole.

Works well if you have a big enough hole like 1-1/4"

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Drop from attic to basement by measuring walls from landmarks such as duct and plumbing.

Or you can use the drill bit to push a loop of pull rope through the top hole and then hook it from below with a snake.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I only use it once in a while, for that one hole you just can't get any other way.

resi rewire, I wire plugs from basement, lights and smokes from attic. That presumes one floor unfinished below.

On occasion I could drop the sash chain right through the lower hole and generally a bent piece of solid 10 with a small hook on the end would get the rest. 3/4 inch holes were the largest I drilled. Time consuming, especially when there is only one of you. Attic, basement, attic, basement. You learned to pull a spare circuit up just in case

James L

Occupation
Electrician
Just yesterday I used it in similar fashion through an outside soffit. I've got glow sticks, too, 3 sets different lengths, with tips and hooks.

for years I was a #4 bare guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.