digital transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I'm looking to purchase a circuit tracer around $100.00. Any ideas?

Was looking at the Ideal 61-534
Has anyone had the opportunity to use it? Does it work alright?

Thanks

Article 90.1

I have one of these and it works fairly well. $100 is a bit high, though, I think I paid $78.

There is a problem inside the transmitter on mine, though and it often shows an open ground. I have not had a chance to return it to the supply house for replacement.

I have the ~$30 model too, without the GFCI tester and all parts are interchangeable, FYI.

Throw in an adapter that screws into a socket and a grounding adapter and your circuit ID just got easier.

JJWalecka

$100.00 was budget otherwise I would look into getting the Greenlee Power Finder Circuit Seeker? Circuit Tracer. Thanks for your feedback

kwired

Electron manager
$100.00 was budget otherwise I would look into getting the Greenlee Power Finder Circuit Seeker? Circuit Tracer. Thanks for your feedback

I have one like that, is at least 10 years old so may not be quite same thing, but it works for 9-300 volts AC or DC, not sure about the Ideal model you mentioned. With 300 volts AC ability you can trace 277/480 as long as you only connect it phase to ground and not phase to phase. You could also connect a battery as a power source if necessary because there was no AC power to connect since it will work on 9 VDC, or easily trace 24 volt controls via direct connection to the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.