DeWalt 6 piece tool kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I keep getting a pop-up on my I-pad for a 6 piece 20V DeWalt tool kit for $99.98. At first glance it looks like a deal you can't pass up. I can't log onto the website but I did find that the sponsoring company is in Indonesia. Has anyone else seen this ad ? Am I missing something ? I'm thinking if it looks too good to be true it must be a scam. This is the link that's shown in the ad but I can't log on because the site is not secure https://bit.ly/3fsWNVL

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
If it seams to good to be true, it’s not true.

Plus why would you buy DeWalt tools

“ shoot low boys their riding shetland ponies”

Stuff

Occupation
Engineer
Comes in blue!

These types of scams pop up all the time. Doing a search the site didn't exist last month.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If it seams to good to be true, it’s not true.

Out of curiosity what emojis are you trying to use?

Roger

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
This is the result of "open image in new tab":

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>3EF1AD5018E96E8E</RequestId>
<HostId>
3OZVCk4cilVsz2Jb55pU2gSH6E6kxW07W40kuJG35oEje+So3QJruF/64omtC5IH9uvhWY9qUyE=
</HostId>
</Error>

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
This is the result of "open image in new tab":

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>3EF1AD5018E96E8E</RequestId>
<HostId>
3OZVCk4cilVsz2Jb55pU2gSH6E6kxW07W40kuJG35oEje+So3QJruF/64omtC5IH9uvhWY9qUyE=
</HostId>
</Error>
That's what I thought too

Roger

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician

Roger

The deep thinking one, because people who use DeWalt cordless tools make me think, why would you put yourself though all that pain of using them

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Why ? I used to be one of those EC's that had to have all the best tools. Then one day you lose or have stolen a $900.00 Hilti hammer drill. Now I have a SDS hammer drill that I bought on Ebay for $65.00. I've had it for about 20 years. Who's going to steal it ? If it breaks I throw it out. I used to only buy Klien linesman pliers for years. Then, when you accidentally blow them up you're out $40.00+. Now I buy the HD brand for $20.00. When I blow them up I throw them out.. Several years ago I bought a Ryobi impact driver, drill, charger and (2) batteries for $99.99. I've had them for 10 years now. They've served the purpose, have done a great job and when they finally break I'll throw them out. The same goes for my DeWalt combo drill/hammer drill and circular saw. Came with 2 batteries and a charger. I've had them for over 20 years. I've replaced the charger once, hammer drill once and batteries once. I'm going to the end !!!

It's not that I think DeWalt tools are high quality but for $99.00 for 6 tools I would buy the kit even if I didn't need the tools (if it were from a quality seller - but I think this is a scam IMHO - that's why I asked for opinions).

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
The deep thinking one, because people who use DeWalt cordless tools make me think, why would you put yourself though all that pain of using them

The reason I asked is because it doesn't show up. Are you using emojis from another website?

Roger

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Are you using emojis from another website?
I do that all the time.
run1.gif

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I don't know why you people think DeWalt is junk. Just like Stihl, they have homeowner grade and pro grade. Milwaukee is no better and does the same thing. Makita has gotten a lot better from what they were 20 years ago too.

You just have to know your tool lines.

If you want homeowner stuff look at Ridgid (which is cashing in on the name of the old company that always made top notch plumbing tools) and Ryobi. I'm with Goldstar in that these are the ones that you use till they blow up then you throw them out. They owe you nothing

Now, none will compare with Hilti but you pay the price.

-Hal

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
Yes, you have to choose your tool lines, or in other words battery line. For Me, I do not what to have a bunch of tools with all different batteries. I want that battery I pick up to work in the tool I have in my hand.

Now of course, i would probably have a different opinion if I did not have the income I do. DeWalt is are fine tools, there saws are great, but for me in a cordless tool line Milwaukee as more to offer, as the M18 battery will work in all tools, not all this flex-volt crap

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Speaking of battery changes...my help came to work with an adaptor that allows the use of the old Milwaukee 18volt tools with the newer batteries. Ebay. About $25 plus shipping. I have a Milwaukee skill saw I bought just before they changed batteries. Battery life sucked but the saw was nice. Plus it has a USB charge port.

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
my help came to work with an adaptor that allows the use of the old Milwaukee 18volt tools with the newer batteries.

DeWalt offers the same thing.

Yes, you have to choose your tool lines, or in other words battery line. For Me, I do not what to have a bunch of tools with all different batteries. I want that battery I pick up to work in the tool I have in my hand.

That's what I meant above- you are a Milwaukee shop.

-Hal

paulengr

Now of course, i would probably have a different opinion if I did not have the income I do. DeWalt is are fine tools, there saws are great, but for me in a cordless tool line Milwaukee as more to offer, as the M18 battery will work in all tools, not all this flex-volt crap

Not quite true. CP batteries won’t drive the HD tools that need the 9 or 12 Ah tools.

McLintock

Occupation
Electrician
Not quite true. CP batteries won’t drive the HD tools that need the 9 or 12 Ah tools.

They will not deliver the same, and yes those HD tools are designed for those batteries. Milwaukee told me if I need to make some cuts with the miter saw the 2ah will work. I have a hole hawg and it work good with a 5, better with a 9, ok with a 2. DeWalt flex-volt tools will not work with the 2, or 5ah batteries, flex-volt batteries will work on the “smaller “ tools(drills, etc), but they will burn the tool up if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.