daisy chain grounding of a living container

Status
Not open for further replies.

shunt trip

I am an electrician working in Iraq and my question pertains to grounding multiple living containers. I would like to know if it is against NEC to use a ground wire from the panel of one trailer to the frame, then daisy chain two other trailers under the same screw to a common ground rod at the third trailer.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Re: daisy chain grounding of a living container

I believe this would be a violation of 550.16(C)(1). The frame of each unit should be bonded to it's own panelboard, the panelboard that would energize the chassis.

I'd imagine you've got a problem fishing into each panelboard, hence the question, but I think in the long run it's worth it to do the long way. What happens when they pull out trailer #2? Or supply trailer #3 from a different source?

Chances are, you are military, and the military is the AHJ. You might not have to abide by the NEC, although you still should. :)

Jhr

I thought Iraq was still under the year 607 BC NEC code or have they adopted the 2005 NEC :D . By the way how much and when are you guys gettig paid over there, hour ,week, month, etc.

[ October 29, 2005, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Jhr ]

Leitmotif

Based on my submarine experience where we called the inside (where we were) the "people tank" I would guess a living container is where you let people live.

peter d

If I'm not mistaken, the non-US military wiring in Iraq follows the British standards, although probably very loosely.

Status
Not open for further replies.