Cool graphic of the grid systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschmid

Eric I do believe that I side with you but we can do smaller scale generators that people could have in the river with minimal ecological bumps and we do not need to put up dams everywhere to have the same effect as wind or solar power. I read in a mother earth magazine about this water turbine you get for couple thousand and lay it in the river to produce enough electricity to offset your power bill. I would state the wattage output but can not be for sure with out looking it up again.

Yet I agree to many power hungry people..:D

ericsherman37

Eric I do believe that I side with you but we can do smaller scale generators that people could have in the river with minimal ecological bumps and we do not need to put up dams everywhere to have the same effect as wind or solar power. I read in a mother earth magazine about this water turbine you get for couple thousand and lay it in the river to produce enough electricity to offset your power bill. I would state the wattage output but can not be for sure with out looking it up again.

Yet I agree to many power hungry people..:D

My wife gets Mother Earth News and I want to say I saw the same article, but I can't recall for sure. It makes me wonder though...

What ever happened to waterwheels anyway?

cschmid

water normally has a more consistent speed where as sun only delivers for a given period and wind is normally moving to fast.

I read that advertisement not long ago either. there never was many water wheels around here. in-fact I do not know of one.

The DNR has anything associated with water or wet lands so regulated it might be next to impossible to even break even with the regulation.

Part 77

COOL! visual.
Bookmarked!
I didn't realize the 1000VDC grid was so extensive.
We send out 500kv to the BPA grid where I am currently employed.

Last edited:

72.5kv

The interconnect is used to tie the major interconnection. The who system is at 60Hz but the phasing is not the same. Most utilities synch with A phase. One utility may have A phase at 123 and the other 133 to get around this phase angle miss match AC to DC to AC links are used

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The interconnect is used to tie the major interconnection. The who system is at 60Hz but the phasing is not the same. Most utilities synch with A phase. One utility may have A phase at 123 and the other 133 to get around this phase angle miss match AC to DC to AC links are used
I don't understand what you are saying with the 123 and 133 reference.

72.5kv

I don't understand what you are saying with the 123 and 133 reference.

Sorry for the typo. The phase angle between A phase of interconnect A and interconnct B could be 23 or 33 degree from each out of phase. Those are random numbers. For that reason DC links are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.