Contactors in Series, Solved but wanna see how other minds would look at it.

Ken_S

Occupation
Electrician
Thanks! This is the kind of reply I was looking for - a different mindset. Part of the problem I have in trouble shooting at these nasty facilities is being sure my meter probes are making good contact due to corrosion. With a clamp on, you don't worry about that. And also, measuring voltage and/or resistance doesn't mean you have a functioning circuit; having current does.
I've had much success starting my troubleshooting process with a clamp on at the bucket, also from the bucket I can complete a number of meaningful tests for continuity and voltage.
I've always used the halving method when troubleshooting and always keep in mind advise from an older gentleman that was " its usually never as complicated as it seems ".

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I've had much success starting my troubleshooting process with a clamp on at the bucket, also from the bucket I can complete a number of meaningful tests for continuity and voltage.
I've always used the halving method when troubleshooting and always keep in mind advise from an older gentleman that was " its usually never as complicated as it seems ".
Yep, but sometimes, like this time, no bucket and it WAS complicated (at least for me...)