CONDUCTORS -CONDUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

trip

Is it allowed to nun type use-2 or rhh or rhw-2, 4 conductor, #2 #2 #2(neutral) #4 (equp. grd.)(conductors without outer covering)out of 200amp. main panel in basement,across bottom of joists up stairs into attic and down into 100AMP. sub.(NOT IN CONDUIT) QUESTION: DOES IT have to be run in coduit---conduit where it enters panel.QUESTION:HAVE TO BE IN CONDUIT AFTER IT GETS UNDER A TRAILOR.

highkvoltage

Re: CONDUCTORS -CONDUIT

What you have discribed is not allowed. The NEC states clearly that you have several violation here. I would have write a book on all your problems. I would consult an EC.

trip

I wouldn't do it that way, but was asked where in code would it prohibit all or part of it.

[ March 02, 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: trip ]

trip

This is a single family dwelling----sounds like there is alot wrong with it---but code reference .

[ March 04, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: trip ]

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

I think you are crossing the line between ?asking for assistance and advice? and ?getting someone else to do your work (or homework) for you.? The book has been written. It is called the NEC.

How about telling us what you have tried, what NEC sections you have read, what you have found, and why that has not yet answered your question? Also, is this a real, existing configuration that you have stumbled across, or is this a hypothetical situation (e.g., test question or homeowner?s suggestion)?

trip

I was in a discussion with another contractor, and he had seen this, my first thoughts were like highvoltage, but when i went to 338.10(b)(4)(a), which sends part I and II OF 334, I couldn't find where it said it said it had to be in conduit all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.