Chemotherapy Safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie

Esteemed Member
Hopefully no one, on this or any forum, has to have Chemotherapy for smoking caused lung cancer.

Just a tip from one who is there. Many of you indicate you like to read my articles, even though you don't believe everthing I write.

That is expected, and is the acceptable game. But all of you better believe me about smoking. I've been shot at by hostile enemy soldiers, and husbands, bombed, shelled, totaled 4 cars and 2 motorcycles, spin tested home built aircraft, radiated by the H-Bomb, boxed professionally, visited shady bars, and girls, in Saigon, and other places. Went to the South Pole In Antarctica, and the Sahara Desert in Libya.

To top it all off, I've been zapped by every voltage up to 480 domestic power, and 24KV electronic power packs.

The little old cigarette, that cost me 10 cents a pack, when I started, is taking me underground.

Some say "I am wise and smart", Maybe in a few things, but my medical condition proves otherwise.

bennie

Esteemed Member
Re: Chemotherapy Safety.

My son and law, who is also a wireman, came over and helped me finish up a 12 X 24 sq.ft. room, I started 5 years ago.

He always respected me and came to me when he was learning the trade. My daughter said she saw tears in his eyes, on the way home. When asked he said "I fixed three wiring errors your dad made. In the past, he would have never made such simple mistakes".

Old man's advice, know your limitations, like flying don't exceed the red line. The line changes with age.

bennie

Esteemed Member

Mac: Thanks for the invitation. I love Hawaii, not much into surfing, but I was a classmate with Hobart Alter, of the "Hobie Cat" fame.

I have just recently heard about tow surfing, next, we will helicopter lift.

I lived for a year or so in Kailua, Oahu on Naniali Street. This was when it was a Territory.

I worked on Wake Island, Johnston Atoll, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Kwajalien, Eniwetak, Bikini, Majoro,
Kapingamaringa and many other Places in the Pacific.

I love the tropic weather.

[ April 24, 2004, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: bennie ]

charlie

Old man's advice, know your limitations, like flying don't exceed the red line. The line changes with age.
I agree, even though I am active in the Code making process, I refuse to do my own electrical work any more. The first time I hired an EC, I had a hard time leaving him alone. I still have my tools in the garage and still know how to use them. The problem is that the last time, I skinned up my hands something awful. :mad:

Bennie, chemotherapy is the pits. My wife is going through her fourth round of chemotherapy and is bald as a billiard ball. The chemo she is doing right now is oral. She eats breakfast, waits, takes and anti-nausea tablet, waits, takes two chemo tablets, and then feels bad and wiped out for the rest of the day. She will feel better when the regimen is complete for this round.

Bennie, I do wish you the best and I do know what you are going through.

bennie

Esteemed Member

Charlie: My best regards to you and your wife. This Chemotherapy treatment has done a lot of good in extending patients life. I read the internet a lot, to learn what is happening.

I am taking IV drips of two types of medicine. I'm on my first part of the scheduled treatment. My hair is beginning to fall out.

My two grandsons, 9 and 12, want my style of hair cut. I am the luckiest man in the world.

good luck to you and the lady;

Bennie

[ April 24, 2004, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: bennie ]

Thom Peterson

Bennie,

My wife is going through this thing also. She has inoperable small cell lung cancer. She has had 5 rounds of chemo and it has reduced her mass by 90%. She also takes 2 chemicals over 3 days. Knocked the hell out of her for a couple days, then she was pretty good. Other than being real weak. Lost her hair after the first round. Now we wait for the next appearance somewhere else or in the same spot.

One thing she has is a GREAT attitude. My best advise is to try and keep that and it will help.Her hair is growing back now. She can't wait for it to get long.

Best of luck to you and your family.

charlie k.

Bennie, this post of yours will be hung above my desk in my trailer tomorrow. I have smoked for 30 years and need to quit. I realize the damage is probally done but I can feel them taking me down. I have known you for about 5 or so years and I have learned a lot from you. Bennie, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

Charlie

bennie

Esteemed Member

Gentlemen, and I do mean gentlemen.

On your next physical exam, ask your doctor to schedule an MRI, A CT Scan, a colostomy, and a prostate check. Just make sure the doctor doesn't use the same probe.

Should these tests have been done when I first had symptoms of breathing problems, I would likely be around maybe 5 more years.

[ April 28, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: bennie ]

Status
Not open for further replies.