Chandilier swap out....25' high in foyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, bid should be high.

I agree, bid should be high.

Estimate question, I've never had the opportunity to swap a light fixture out over 12' or so high.

This light is mounted to the ceiling at 22-25ft high. I think I have room for scaffolding, so just plan on that. Bid is to get the scaffolding, setup in foyer with doing any damage, remove old light, assemble new light, install new light, remove scaffolding and return.

My bid sounds high, but what do you all think?

Thank you for your help.

View attachment 14987

I know this thread is probably a bit "old" but it's not as old as me so here's my take. My experience has taught me that these "little" projects are not always so little. If you want to lower your bid you have to inform your customer up front and then include something in the bid that says the customer provided fixture must be ready to hang (you are not responsible for manufacturing defects or deficiencies that require modifications which increase labor costs) and the existing electrical box must be serviceable and able to support the new fixture properly. (Additional work, if so required, is not included and will be billed to the customer according to the normal contract terms.) Yep, it's an all day job sometimes. You can always do a "Not to Exceed" price.

Status
Not open for further replies.